So many shows are winding down with season finales and many new ones approaching which I am looking forward to a few of them. There is always 1 or 2 new shows worth watching and 3 or 4 worth letting go of. I usually give a show 2 eps. to suck me in..unless of course it’s something like “Bad Teacher” which got all of 10-15min of my time or “The Black Box” which I actually gave a whole episode ot time watching though I don’t know why and it took me 3 days to get through it.
So here we go..
10. “Continuum” (Syfy Channel) This is a really fun show in already it’s 3rd season that makes time-travel seem actually realistic about a Detective from the year 2077 who with a a shake of a terrorist blast, finds herself back in present day Vancouver. With the good acting of the main leads, Rachel Nichols “Kiera Cameron”, Victor Webster “Carlos Fonnegra”, Erik Knutsen “Alec Sadler”, and a strong supporting cast, you are still probably wondering why would I watch a Syfy show..Well in case you haven’t clued in, they have definitely become the new, fun network of original programming that is actually a lot better than 1/2 the shows spoon-fed to you by network TV.
9. “The Goldbergs” (ABC) Okay..I know it’s not the funniest show, but it so brings back childhood/teen year memories and that makes it fun for me. I think it’s a lot funnier than some of the crap put out there. They are so over the top, yet we all knew that Mom aka Beverly Goldberg played wonderfully “Wendi McLendon-Covey” with her wonderful 80’s hairdo, Dad, Murray Goldberg “Jeff Garlin” who always does something to embarrass his kids..And who didn’t have an annoying brother, Barry Goldberg “Troy Gentile” or nerdy one Adam Goldberg “Sean Giabrone” to bug the ‘cool’ sister, Erica Goldberg “Hayley Orrantia” to get us through our day. So yeah..I like it and it got renewed for a 2nd season..sooooo… 😀 #bringbackthe80’s
8.”Awkward” (MTV) Since MTV hasn’t actually showed a music video in years, and became host to a rash of REALLY bad reality TV.. this show has been a fresh exception since it began a few years back. Even though it might be a bit juvenile, good casting & writing along with some catchy catch phrases “Your Welcome” make this show continually fresh.
7. “Nurse Jackie” (Showtime) With award kudos going to Edie Falco “Nurse Jackie Peyton” & Merrit Weaver’s “Zoey Barkow” win (and best acceptance speech EVER) 😀 This show with it’s ever-revolving fantastic supporting cast, has been a winner since it’s inception in 2009. The story lines and plot are ever changing from dark to darker in the life of Nurse Jackie and her evolving drug addiction which is always prevalant to the show, even when she is sober. Characters come and go on this show, some you love, some..not so much…but it’s always a fun ride.
6. “The Blacklist” (NBC) Yes, technically this show had it’s season finale last night and should not be included on ’10 shows I am watching now’ but damn, James Spader just deserves a nod for his truly amazing character “Raymond ‘Red’ Reddington” as he is just a wonder to watch as he has been in most of his TV shows. I’m not super fond of the lead, Megan Boone as “Elizabeth Keen” as I think she overacts her role a bit much, but with the hottness of Diego Klattenhoff as “Donald Ressler” and again, Spader balancing her out..plus throw in some Ryan Eggold “Tom Keen” and you can easily overlook it. For a network show that just got renewal, yeah..I’m all in.
5. “Mr. Selfridge” (PBS) You know I love my British TV.. and this show on PBS is really outstanding. It stars Jeremy Piven as “Harry Selfridge” in the real life story of the flamboyant founder of yep..you guessed it, Selfridges, which still stands in London today. As an American businessman ‘invading’ England, and a complete visionary of trends to come with the idea that shopping should be fun & not a chore, Harry Selfridge really became a man of huge wealth, whom was known for always treating his employee’s fairly and became well respected. He also died stone cold broke because of his lavish lifestyle and gambling. Ah well.. Season 2 in still in the early parts of his life and I am enjoying it immensely.
4. “Hannibal” (NBC) For a network TV, this show is simply put, MIND-BOGGLING. It scares the shit out of me almost every week and that rarely ever happens to me. I can’t help but to keep watching it..The first 2 eps.of this season literally scarred me for a very long time to come and made me realize NOTHING else might be that scary. It’s not so much that it’s gory..as it has some gore..trust me, but that the main characters in some scenes are just plain scary as shit. The main characters played by the wonderful, immaculate looking Mads Mikkelson “Dr, Hannibal Lector” and oh so cute, Hugh Dancy as “Will Graham” suck you into their vortex of WHOA! and hold you there week after week. Lawrence Fishburne as FBI man “Jack Crawford” just makes it a wonderful three-some of an excellent body of work. You know all about the movie..but you MUST watch this take on the ‘Hannibal’ series to really see something special..I think it airs so late on a Friday night so they can get away with all the shit they do on this wonderful show! After all it’s a Mads,Mads, Mads, Mads world – and we just inhabit it alongside him..:D
3. “The Good Wife” (CBS) This show has always been one of my favs..but HOT DAMN Season 5 has been by far the BEST season of this show ever!! Again, a network TV show that takes it beyond the limits of good to great..with the writing and the absolutely superb acting from all characters..even the kids!! 😀 I mean Julianna Marguiles has always been spectacular as “Alicia Florrick” with Josh Charles aka “Will Gardner” & Christine Baranski “Diane Lockhart” making ‘Lockhart/Gardner’ one of the hottest law firms ever on T.V. Rounding out the top 5 of cast with Matt Czuchry “Cary Agos” and the fantastic Archie Panjabi as “Kalinda Sharma” along with too many great co-stars to name..just WOW!.. And with the shocker of the ages that they gave us mid-season..i’m not even sure how they kept that so quiet..but again just HOT DAMN!! And now with Florrick/Agos & Lockhart/??? we are just not sure what to expect next…AND the addition of Matthew Goode as a series regular.. it’s like nothing can stop this season from being head & shoulders above the others..
2. “24 – Live Another Day” JACK IS BACK!!! And I could just leave it at that and not have to say anymore as anyone who has watched this show can attest to. But yet, I do want to say more.. Kiefer Sutherland as “Jack Bauer” resurrected his career single-handedly with this show back in 2001 and along with Mary Lynn Rajskub as the insurmountable “Chloe O’Brian” has brought this show back better than ever. Oh how I missed the counting clock and Jack Bauer narrating the time.. It’s like I got transported back to really good T.V. again via London this time..and with Benjamin Bratt “Steve Navarro” NO LESS!!! WHEEEEE!!! there has only been 2 eps..well 3..if you count the 1st was 2 hrs..and 2 hrs, of the ’24’ clock was a-ticking!! Can’t wait to see what happens in the rest of the season but rest assured..Jack Bauer always has something up his sleeve!
1. “Orphan Black” (BBC) As I always say..if you’re not watching Orphan Black..then seriously WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING???!!! Never have I seen a show like this one. I remember the pilot episode so well..the first 3 min were just overwhelming and you didn’t know what to think except that you were in it to win it!! Tatiana Maslany is sooooo sooooo sooooo good as all her characters on this show..”Sarah Manning/Cosima Niehaus/Allison Hendrix/Rachel Duncan” just to name a few.. And the supporting cast..just great additions but there is no doubt..this show is Tatiana’s hands down. This show is seriously like no other and I remember trying to tell people about it and to watch, getting a response of ‘what..what is that show, I’ve never heard of it’ blah blah blah..well next time..trust me because this 2nd season started off with a bang and will definitely keep you glued to your seat. And oh yeah.. GET WATCHING IT ALL!!!
PS.. a mention here should go out to ‘Game of Thrones’ as I will be watching it, just only wanted to pay for one month of HBO so I will be doing a 5 eps. bomb-watching of it all and then watching each week..tee hee.. hey..ya gotta do what you gotta do!! 😀
One thought on “TOP 10 T.V. SHOWS I AM WATCHING RIGHT NOW!!! – and you should be too!!”
Orphan Black is my current #1 too!